Friday, January 20, 2012

Sick Kiddos

As S's temp rose to 102.8 and I began to get just a little frantic, I couldn't help but thinking how thankful I am that this is a once in awhile thing.  My baby girl will get better. There are some babies that are sick constantly.  I continue to pray them and their parents.   My brain/imagination tends to run wild.  As I'm rocking S and singing her songs, I start thinking that she could die in one of those freak weird illnesses where within 24 hours they baby dies.  (So of course  start crying)... then I realize I have very little to be worried about.  I mean yes at the time I can worry plenty, but...
do you find yourself stressing out majorly that you have work to, kids to feed, bathe, play with, and get into bed.  A spouse/relationship to keep nurturing.  house to clean. laundry to do. food to make.  family to see. friends to talk to.  facebook friends to stalk. pins to pin. blogs to blog. and life is just too much.   But really, how many people would love have such problems.  How many women can have children or miscarry?  How many single girls or guys are looking for someone they can trust and marry.  (Yes he/she might annoy the shit out of you and drive you nuts, but when the chips are down they are by your side.  your best friend. your partner. your spouse.)  I might not have gotten any sleep b/c of a sick baby girl. but there are parents out there who wish they had only a few nights with a sick baby.

So, I know it's super hard when your in the trenches, but remember this is our choice.  We are so lucky. Thank God for all your for blessings (sometimes in the disguise of these stresses).

Think good  thoughts.   Kiss your Kids.  Smile louder. Love the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment