Monday, January 16, 2012

Changes. I want to make some changes in my life. I want to eat healthier, I want to exercise more and I want to believe in myself to make those changes. I want to engage Magnus in growing up believing being healthy is one of the only options and that skipping McDonald's and Taco Bell are easier done then said. I want him to ask for more grapes instead of candy and to want to ride his bike instead of playing video games. I think we are headed in that direction but I want those things for me too and for my husband. I want to run a 5k in 2012, whether I am the last to cross the finish line or somewhere in the middle I want to do it for me. Thanks to Pinterest (which if you are a blog reader and you aren't on Pinterest dear Lord let me know I will send you an invite) I am able to find a TON of awesome rocking recipes and ideas. I stumbled upon this blogger tonight who I am in love with and she talks about eating healthy and it being affordable check it out HERE I mean isn't that the whole reason we don't eat healthier? It's too expensive, or I will remember to buy that produce co -op $20 box of vegetables and fruit that will feed a family of 4 for two weeks next week, damn I need to remember to do that. I am trying to keep it fresh in my mind. I feel like expenses is why I always choose the FREE Mac and Cheese I got at Target with my coupons over something I could do homemade. My favorite excuse I make for myself is that my refrigerator is too small, it is too small it barely holds the boxed crap now, and then I think what if there was no boxed crap. What if my refrigerator was filled with beautiful colors of fresh vegetables and fruits? Then I think well it would be filled with pesticides is Organic really organic? or are they master's of disguise in getting you to purchase CRAP that they claim to be organic? These are the questions and the thoughts that roll through my head when I think about eating healthier. Now, I am a mama who has my own kiddo and a few friends during the week, I want to be making sure I am making the right choices for not only my little one but for my Tot School little one's too. I want to be inspired by my food choices to make things from scratch and I want to have the resources here in the bible belt to do so. I want to teach Magnus that vegetables come from the ground, fruit comes from the trees and the meat we choose to consume not that it has to be with every single meal every day is created as humanely as possible. If you haven't had a chance to read the book "Skinny Bitch" you should, it will haunt your thoughts. My husband doesn't get any of this, he thinks its a ton of crap... I think he is full of crap (he is. He eats like crap). His idea of a good meal is Chicken Fried Steak (someone explain that to me in the comments), Green beans with loads of butter and garlic salt, white bread and a big fatty piece of pie for dessert. All amazing things and yes I am equally guilty of knocking that out like its no big deal but its really time for a change. A time to get back to our roots. In honor of making that change, I just put in my first cart order at Community Helpings, which is a group ordering system for local fresh produce.. You can find it HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment